Mar 25, 2010

Yesterdays Memories

Your Yesterdays is the path that leads you into your tomorrows
There are a lot of memories in these few pictures.

With two of grandsons in Branson, Mo


As I grow older I am more and more aware of life and how it must be seized every moment.
Tomorrow is only today as it passes by so swiftly. I hardly can take in 24 hours and then I find myself in another day. Where did it go? Time marches on, that is for sure. There are times I like to reach back and pull up some of my yesterdays. It often is jolted by something around me that will put me back in time for a few minutes. I do love reminiscing at times. I cannot help but Praise God for walking with me through my past, present and future.

Nostalgia. That yearning to step back into the time tunnel and stroll down memory lane,
trying to recover the unrecoverable. Today we live on a street called Memory Land, I guess that fits me well. I guess that is why I enjoy listening to the old song,
"Sentimental Journey." I do not believe in living in yesterday but I do think we should enjoy the memories both good and bad. They have been learning experiences that have led me this far. God uses all things to teach lessons to us.

Here is where Nostalgia sometimes starts:
A quiet visit to the place where you where raised.
The smell of Christmas, the tree and all the trimmings.
Thinking how you met the love of you life.
Dating and getting to know each other.
Family and Friends talking about how it use to be.
Music and melodies of your past.
Singing the Song of your Alma Mater.
A barefoot walk along a sandy beach.
Looking over childhood photos will sure put you back in time.
A newborn baby.
An old letter, bruised with age signed by the one who loves you.
Climbing mountains,Weddings, Graduations, Diplomas, hearing certain poems.
Raising children and all the enjoyment they bring, school days, picnics,
trips, hugs, laughter, tears, church, teaching them about God and praying over them.
Watching your children grow up and leave home.
Saying goodbye. The list is endless. We can stop and go back, I love the fond memories of my yesterdays.

However, I love today and very excited about tomorrow. Why? God is in it.
Thank the Lord, it is His love that sustains us and arranges our tomorrows.
His love will send our way that which is best for us. I can smile every time I read Romans 11:33;
“Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are His wisdom and knowledge and riches!
How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His methods!”

Gloria Gaither said something that I remember, "In spite of everything, when I look back at where I have been, I see that what I am becoming is a whole lot further down the road from where I was."

God's Word says, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
James 4:14 ( Now, is that not the truth.)

Remember, what you are doing right now will be a memory for tomorrow.
Making Memories. Make it a good one!
Joanie B

No comments:

Post a Comment